Sunday, February 24, 2019

Improving the NES Classic or SNES Classic

I had a difficult time deciding whether to get the NES Classic (Nintendo Entertainment System Classic) or the SNES Classic (Super NES Classic.)  I ended up with both and I'm glad I did.

There is one major short-coming with these mini-consoles.  The controller cords are just too short!

Today (February 2019) I picked up two twin packs of SNES Classic extension cords from Best Buy. These are Insignia brand and work perfectly. They are being clearanced out at $4.99 each! Each extension cord is six foot long.

I bought two sets. I then daisy-chained the two together. Bingo! I can now sit an additional twelve feet away from the console.  Hello couch!

FAQ:
Can I use SNES Classic extension cords for the NES Classic?  Yes.

Can I use an SNES Classic controller on the NES Classic? Yes.

Do they work on an original '80s NES or '90s SNES? No.

If you haven't picked up one of these mini-consoles, hurry!  They are no longer manufactured. Nintendo must have been tired of printing money. I have found that the SNES Classic is much harder to find than the NES Classic. Beware online, though. I've seen some weird overseas versions of it that may not be legit - even on Amazon!

Both consoles allow you to save games in progress - up to four per games. The SNES Classic even has a rewind feature. This makes games like Earthbound so much more enjoyable. When you die, rewind and continue.

Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment